Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On This Day...

Wow, I have some catching up to do again! The two layouts I mentioned in my last post seem to have figured themselves out, and cooperated when I tried uploading them to my Scrapbook.com gallery. I'll come back tomorrow and indulge you on those two layouts!

Tonight, I completed the second of a few layouts detailing our nieces wedding this past September. The first was the Silly Hats layout. I have permission to post my layouts of her wedding to my online gallery, so feel free to head on over and have a peek!

The color scheme S chose for her wedding was mainly black, white and blue, so I naturally stuck with those colours in this layout. I love the effect you'll see on the title mat and under the bells; taking a sponge dauber, I filled it up with Not Quite Navy ink (SU), and literally dabbed at the paper to create a spray painted-ish look. Love!!

On the grey card stock matting the photos, I used Whisper White Ink, and an Easter SU stamp that reminded me of rain, and stamped the background. Yes, it was a wet and rainy day, but it cleared up enough to make for some beautiful sunset photos during their photo shoot. It didn't matter that it rained. The day was still beautiful. ANother little element I included to tie the rain aspect into my layout is the little blue umbrella brad (Carta Bella Alphabet Junction).

The May your joys be many is actually a Jillibean Soup Christmas tag (Winter Tortellini), but I thought it worked beautifully here. The blue circle matted underneath that is Creative Memories, and both hearts on the page are K&Co.

Once again, Pinterest to the rescue! The sketch I came across there is what inspired this layout. I love how many pictures I was able to fit into it! Rather than using 3x3, which is what it called for, I re-adjusted the size to 2.5x2.5, so it would fit nicely on an 8.5x11 size layout. I think I could have gone a bit smaller, but I'm happy with the final result!

S, hopefully you like it, too!

Have a great night.

Hope you drop by again soon.

~a

No comments:

Post a Comment