Thursday, May 3, 2012

Simple Pleasures

Are any of you watching Canada's Got Talent?

Husband and I record it on the pvr and then watch it when we have the time to sit down and veg (usually after the kids have gone to bed, and we have nothing better to do).

Before CGT, I had never heard of Stephan Moccio, one of the judges. Actually, I remember seeing him in a short news interview- must have been on Entertainment Tonight or something like that- because when I searched him out on Youtube, I saw a picture of him that reminded me I had, in fact, seen him once before. But, had no clue who he was, and didn't really care all that much right in that moment.

That sentiment has changed. Aside from having the most gorgeous curls and dimples, he is a talented musician. And, I must say, I have a new favourite artist.

And, is it me, or does he share a striking resemblance to Josh Groban??? (Apparently every picture I tried uploading is incorrect, so unfortunately, you're going to have to look him up yourself. Boo!!)




I'm SO heading out and buying his music.

Music.

I've mentioned in previous posts, that Addison loves her "song". I think, in general, she just loves music. I think I may have passed that on to her. Because, I love music- of course, there are some styles that I stay away from (like the really heavy stuff), but for the most part, it really resonates with me. Classical, especially. I am not very cultured in it, I don't know much about it, and I couldn't tell you the specifics surrounding a piece- the composer, when it was composed, what the ebbs and flows of it mean...all I know is it moves me.

The piano, especially. I have a hard time not closing my eyes and just letting myself get lost in its sound. Sometimes, I get so wrapped up in its sound (like Stephans' performance tonight, for example), that when the performance is over, I want to clap along with the audience because it was so inspiring. And, so beautiful.

Another favourite is Bond:


31* music
32* musicians that are so talented, they have an impeccable ability to move you- even through the tv

And, for fun, I thought I'd share this little nugget of goodness with you:


This lo came about because the kids just ADORE our sunglasses. I don't know what it is, but they have an honest infatuation with them! A few pairs of Kyle's sunglasses have been broken by the kids playing with them. Then, Addison got a hold of mine, which are seen in that 5x7 pic, and shortly afterwards, she broke them.

So, we've smartened up. We bought them their own sunglasses!! (Those are the 2x2 pics). Hello Kitty--and they're so precious!!! The design for this project was the brain child of another scrapbooker. You can find the deets at my scrapbook.com gallery. I haven't asked her for permission to mention her here in my blog, so I'll let you find out using the 'back door' approach! And, because I can't take credit for a creation that wasn't my own idea in the first place!

What was my idea was adding the envelope and card. I inserted the card inside the envelope, and it contains the journalling for this layout. (It basically just describes what I told you- but a little more abridged! Haha)

33* simple pleasures

1 comment: