Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bits and Pieces

I was absolutely blown away this morning when I logged into my blog first thing this morning. I entered a challenge in order to celebrate national scrapbooking day over at distress to impress and I won!  You can see the layout I entered into the challenge here. Lots of fabulous goodies are in the prize package, including a subscription to scrap 'n art magazine.

Eek! How exciting!!

We had a busy day today, though we really didn't do much, other than go to the girls' playmates' birthday party at noon. It was such a beautiful day, they just played outside the entire time. We had a weenie roast, played with bubbles, jumped on the trampoline, slid down slides, and finished the party off with a yummy piece of ice cream cake. I wasn't really sure I wanted to go to the party (long story), but in the end, with husbands' gentle encouragement, we did go. I sat down, minutes before we left, to quickly pump out a card for P.


Seriously, I finished it in like 10-15 minutes. I am by no means a fast scrapper, so I'm pretty impressed with myself for finishing it so quickly!! Its amazing what can happen when you've got an idea in your head, and it comes to life in such a short amount of time.

Poor Maren lately has been having some problems with #2, so I've been feeding her and Addison prunes to help out. The poor girl has had so many tummy aches, that she'll wake up in bed just sobbing saying 'my tummy, my tummy'. She's never had issues like this before, so I don't quite know what's causing it. The only thing I can think is that she isn't drinking as much as she used to (when they drank with sippy cups). Now that they're drinking from cups, I only give them something to drink when they're eating and when they ask for a drink. I waste enough food as it is!!

So, she came to me from the basement, telling me she'd made a poopy (thankfully she got it all out last night, though it hurt her immensely. She hasn't cried like that in a loooonnng time), and she wanted to sit on the potty. I put her on the potty after cleaning her up, and I noticed my finger was bleeding. I don't know what happened, though a few minutes before I was trying to cut off a hang nail. I must have made myself bleed. I put a band-aid on it, and Maren starts begging for a 'boo boo'.

LOL

She had no owies, but she wanted a 'boo boo' anyways. Oh, my dear child! You're really too much sometimes!! Here's her 'boo boo':



And, here she is kissing it better:


Too cute, right??

45* invisible owies
46* boo boo's that make everything better

And, here's the mini update to the layout I posted yesterday.


I layered the punch work, and alternated the scallops in a wave like pattern because I didn't like the way the unpunched parts of the strips of paper looked showing underneath the layer below it. I also thought alternating it like this made for a really cool effect!


The flourish I totally made up on my own. Its a bunch of bits and pieces from K&Company called 'pillow stickers'. Its floral in nature, but has other elements incorporated into it- paisleys, hearts, flourishes- and all filigreed. And blingy. Very pretty! So, put all the parts together, and you've got a pretty flourish!


I am trying to stamp more, and I thought I'd try stamping on ribbon. All the inks I have right now are water based, and obviously don't work very well on this satin type ribbon. Maybe alcohol based inks or other permanent inks would work better, because this is already starting to bleed and doesn't look as crisp and pretty as it did as soon as it was done. Boo! Live and learn...Oh! I should mention- my title work was cut out of K&Company packaging. All the packing comes with printed cardboard backs (and they're all different), and I realized not long ago that I could use them on my projects. Brilliant!!!! Ingenious on their part :)


Lastly, I wanted to share the tag and the sticker I added to it. I'm not sure if the sentiment showed really well in the picture of my layout, but its so true of both my girls: they are loved and adored!

There's still challenges going on over at scrapbook.com until the end of June, I think, and I plan on getting in on some of those, too. Who knows, maybe one of my projects will win another prize?

We'll see!

47* that Kyle's boo boo has finally burst and is draining
48* that I am able to drain it for him and play nurse (even though it grosses me out- although it isn't anything like the one he had on our wedding night. Watching the dr.'s lance and drain that one, then push all the puss and blood out of it made me feel like I was going to pass out! I nearly did--I had to leave ER, and as I was leaving, another dr. asked me if I was alright. LOL. I told Kyle I was never going with him to the ER again. I would wait in the waiting room...)
49* that he might finally begin feeling some relief
50* that my spider plant is doing so well, I actually transplanted it tonight into a larger pot!


No comments:

Post a Comment