Monday, April 23, 2012

Bubble Wrap

In the latest edition of scrapbooks etc., one of the techniques shown was stamping (with paint) using bubble wrap. The finished effect looks fantastic, and its become something that i'm really interested in trying out on a future lo.

At the moment, I don't have paint. So, I've been wondering if it would be possible to use ink instead, and luckily, it is! Google is a wonderful tool. Wouldn't you agree?

Luckily, I came across bubble wrap when I opened the box for a candle holder that goes around the umbrella stem of my patio set. I kept the bubble wrap and looked up stamping techniques using ink and bubble wrap. To see what it looks like, go here and here

Looks neat, right?

In a potential project, this is how it would look

Can't wait to try it out!

******

In other news, it was a busy weekend. My parents and Kyle's dad came up and helped us celebrate their (Kyle's and Tom's) birthdays. We went swimming Saturday morning--which the kids just absolutely loved--we cleaned up some of the yard, set up my patio set and the kids picnic table, hit the voting station, soaked up the sunshine and beautiful day, then barbecued supper, finishing off the evening with a yummy piece of carrot cake. Yesterday, we put a bunch of junk up on the local buy/sell/trade site, and have already sold some of the items on the 'get-rid-of-list'. It feels good!

It sounds like we may be holding a garage sale later this spring, too, in order to help us whittle down the junk pile. I'm pretty stoked about that, too. The things we aren't able to sell will go to the local second hand store.

Yay for de-cluttering!

No comments:

Post a Comment