Thursday, March 3, 2011

Treat

Yup, you treated me tonight.

Its been *sooo* long, and I missed it.

What you did will definitely be cherished:

You woke up crying--screaming--and daddy beat me to your room and attempted to comfort you. I came as quickly as I could from the basement, and swiftly took you in my arms, making sure binky came along with us. Daddy told me someone had a poopy bum, but I didn't know who. (You'll learn when you grow up what an awful 'sniffer' your mama has). Then he told me it was you.

I grabbed a diaper and the wipes and brought you into the living room so we wouldn't disturb your sister--who was sleeping on her tummy with her tushy sticking in the air. Talk about cute!! I quickly changed your stinky bum, then turned off the light and sat with you in the dark.

For a while, you gently stroked binky; eventually you found my t-shirt collar and held onto that for a while. Just when sleep was about to completely overtake you, you slipped your hand under your chin, resting on my chest, and the slits where your wide blue eyes are, closed even further.

I whispered 'I love you' a couple times, while I watched you fall asleep--sweet moments like this make me fall in love with you all over again. I am so glad I had the chance to cuddle you to sleep--it makes this mama relieved to know your tummy feels well enough to let me do this for you, and it makes her ridiculously happy that you openly welcomed it.

Of course you would, though. That's how I put you to sleep for the first 8 months of your life! And, I think you miss it as much as I do, which is why you scream so much for my attention every other time!

You are a sweet, sweet girl and I love you immensely, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment