Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weary

How is it possible for the pendulum to swing from one extreme to the next from one day to the next? Its been so long since I had a day where I (almost) enjoyed having children again--the last one being when they came home from the hospital--and it was the first time since then that I felt myself begin to relax even, too.  (A little prematurely, unfortunately). That is how I perceive our days should be- full of happy, content-to-play-on-their-own-and-succeed-at-entertaining-themselves--without crying for no explainable reason ninety percent of the day--babies, and mama's that can get some chores done, and some reading (if she wants), and relish/bask/soak up the warmth, peace and serenity the break has provided her.

A day has passed between the 'full of happy, content-to-play-on-their-own-and-succeed-at-entertaining-themselves--without crying for no explainable reason ninety percent of the day' day and the 'so-miserable-I-don't-think-I-can-possibly-go-on' type of day. I was reminded during a phone call last night that a new day always begins and we have the opportunity (gracefully) to start over again. What great encouragement! And, so true. Each and every day I have the opportunity to choose my attitude; each and every day is another opportunity to practice my belief in the power of positivity. Good will come if I believe it will.

I believe it will, and I hope with every ounce of me that it will.

And. it. will.

So, although my spirit today was blessed with another much needed rest--with children, the rest of me desperately looks forward to a couple of hours this weekend--without children.

No comments:

Post a Comment