Thursday, January 27, 2011

Precious Moments

As we stood together in the kitchen in the wee hours of the morning, waiting for your bottle to finish heating in the microwave, you caught sight of kitty. He appeared to not have been fed at bedtime, so was rubbing against my legs, purring loudly his reminder that his ever-empty tummy needed to be refilled.

Leaning across my chest, you looked down at the floor and smiled when you caught sight of him again, little squeaks of greeting escaping your lips every now and then. He had you so excited, that when we sat down on the couch to feed you, the bottle was the last thing on your mind.

Good thing kitty decided to follow us, because while I changed your diaper, there on the living room floor, kitty came up (overcoming his recent fear of you and your sister) for a short petting session. I bet that made your night: seeing kitty *and* getting to pet him!

Knowing that you have a soft spot for animals melts my heart, but what made it melt further?

Kitty walked around you to your other side, and rubbed up against your jolly jumper while I finished up changing your diaper. I looked down at you briefly, while I was wrapping up your wet diaper, and your fingers were curling and uncurling in his direction- in a 'come-back-here- motion.

You are too sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! My son is finally old enough to play with the dog sweetly and it's really cute to see how close they are getting.

    ReplyDelete