Monday, January 3, 2011

Poop Throwing Monkeys

I am pretty sure I've heard this phrase from a movie that I watched on tv, or in the theatre- with friends, not without- at some point in my life. I don't know what movie its from- or if it was even a movie, for that matter. Maybe it was a phrase from a tv show or commercial on tv. It was something graphic, and I was watching it. Those two are definites.

Wherever or however I came across that quote I'll probably never know, but I think of it every time I think of my children getting hold of their diapers- undone diapers I might add- mid change- and pull it out from underneath themselves and fling it.

Yes, that's right. Fling. it.

(well, its more like grab it, wave their arms about like they're playing with a toy, and as a result fling it. But, whatever works).

I am not sure if its intentional or unintentional, but I do not like it. One of the girls got hold of it the other day and dropped it on the floor- upside down (oh dear Lord) and its contents fell out. I should mention that its contents are not absorbable like liquid is. They're solid. (Again, a hearty oh dear Lord).

I mean yeeessss, my children are monkeys- and one moreso than the other, but the other one is catching up quickly! And yeeessss they are cute and adorable and sweet and cuddly, but they are also destructive. The typicaly quiet and docile twin has been taking lessons from her sister, and has begun kicking anytime she's held or being changed- but I never thought the day would arrive where I have to worry about poop flinging babies! If they're not flinging it around, they're getting their fingers in it and wiping it all over their clothes and bodies and *gasp* the curtains!!! (Not to mention mommy).

And, yeeeesssss, I am horrified-sweet little girls don't do stuff like that, but on the other hand...its kind of amusing. They are teaching me to be quick and always stay one step ahead of them. What will be next??

I'm going to have to invest in a steam cleaner for the curtains as well as the carpet in their room.

Or, should I just tear it out and opt for hardwood, like the living room?

No comments:

Post a Comment